Who needs the cineplex when you have streaming? That’s certainly the centiment around these parts… mostly.
Dale (Letterboxd) has been busy with setting up his new home, Colleen has been gardening like the natural green thumb she is and I (Letterboxd) have just been downing whatever I can get my hads on. Listen in as we share some insights into the entertainment that we’ve been consuming over the last few weeks.
Other things mentioned this month:
- “Tokimeku” Means So Much More Than “Spark Joy” in Japanese
- Vancouver Public Library and their Holds system
- Quad Cinema’s Giallo Retrospective
- Colleen’s gardening:
- A preview of Colleen’s on-going project:
If you haven’t already subscribed to the show, you can do so on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Pocket Casts and Google Podcasts and all of the other places you get your podcast. While you’re there, consider giving us a rating (or even a thumbs up). It may not seem like a big deal but it goes a long way in helping us find other awesome movie lovers!
We can also be contacted via email – email@example.com!
Click on the title for more details.
Opening Music: Chrissie Hynde’s “We Used to Be Friends”
- “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams
- “The Manufacture of Armour & Helmets in 16th Century Japan” by Sakakibara Kozan
- “Weird Monuments of Canada” by Nicolle Carriére
- The Possessed – Marina’s review
- The Fifth Cord – Marina’s review
- The Hummingbird Project
- I Love You, Now Die
- Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror
- For Sama
- The Great Hack
- WTF Podcast – David Lee Roth episode
Closing Music: Glee Cast’s “Don’t Stop Believin’”