We don’t know what the future of theatrical releases looks like but according to some, it’s dead and full of toxic fandom.
That said, there are movies, as proven by the number of movies Marina (@themarina) and Ashley (@ashleylynch) have been watching. This week the duo cover some of the recent movie news and share some thoughts on a wide range of new and not-so-new releases.
News story discussed:
- ‘Dune’ Director Denis Villeneuve Sparks Debate About Big Screen Experience: ‘It’s Not Just a Product. It’s Church.’
- When Fandoms Stop Playing Nice
- IndieWire Podast – How Is Movie Performance Measured Now? Screen Talk’s Future of Movies Edition
- The Suicide Squad
- Jungle Cruise
- Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage
- Mythic Quest
- Brand New Cherry Flavour
- The Night Comes for Us
- Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace
- Misha and the Wolves
- The Half of It
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
We can also be contacted via email – firstname.lastname@example.org!