You could call this the Dolly Parton love-fest episode. It wasn’t on purpose, it just happens when you start to talk about the first lady of country music; there may not be such a thing but if there was, she would be it.
Join Dale (Letterboxd), Colleen, and I (Letterboxd) as we talk about Dolly, movies, TV, a batch of books (well, Dale and Colleen talk about books), and we may even break into song.
Other things mentioned in this episode:
- Vice article “New Uwe Boll Documentary Shows How Gaming’s Worst Filmmaker Improbably Succeeded“
- Kristen Bell riffs on Law & Order: SVU
If you haven’t already subscribed to the show, you can do so on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Pocket Casts and Google Podcasts and all of the other places you get your podcast. While you’re there, consider giving us a rating (or even a thumbs up). It may not seem like a big deal but it goes a long way in helping us find other awesome movie lovers!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We can also be contacted via email – firstname.lastname@example.org!
Click on the title for more details.
Opening Music: Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You”
- Ready or Not
- Fast Color
- Fuck You All: The Uwe Boll Story
- Justice League vs the Fatal Five
- Dark Phoenix
- The Meteor Man
- Spider-man: Far From Home
- Good Witch
- Carnival Row
- The Good Place
- “Sound Reporting” by Jonathan Kern
- “The Fated Sky” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “The Magicians” by Lev Grossman
- “Blood of Elves” by Andrzej Sapkowski
- “Killing Floor” by Lee Child
- “The Alexandria Link” by Steve Berry
- “The Venetian Betrayal” by Steve Berry
- “The Paris Vendetta” by Steve Berry
- Robin Hood
- Destination Wedding
- Ad Astra
- Country Rose
- In the Shadow of the Moon
- Brink of Democracy
- El Camino
- The Laundromat
- In the Tall Grass – Marina’s review
Closing Music: Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers’ “Islands in the Stream“