February is this weird outlier in the calendar. It’s still too cold to really be outside for any extended period of time, the selection of new movies is mostly questionable, and so it provides a good opportunity to keep the catch-up game going.
Join Dale (Letterboxd), Colleen, and I (Letterboxd) as we look back at the last few weeks of cultural consumption as we talk about some of the movies, TV shows and books that have been eating up the long, dark hours.
Other links of interest mentioned in this episode:
- The Witcher and how they made three timelines work
If you haven’t already subscribed to the show, you can do so on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, Pocket Casts and Google Podcasts and all of the other places you get your podcast. While you’re there, consider giving us a rating (or even a thumbs up). It may not seem like a big deal but it goes a long way in helping us find other awesome movie lovers!
We can also be contacted via email – firstname.lastname@example.org!
Click on the title for more details.
Opening Music: Tom Waits’ “I Don’t Wanna Grow Up”
- The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Frozen II
- Cat Women of the Moon
- The Favourite
- Crossword Mysteries: Abracadaver
- Terminator: Dark Fate
- The Witcher
- Harley Quinn
- The Magicians – Season 5
- Legends of Tomorrow – Season 5
- Sex Education – Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard
- “Had it Coming: What’s Fair in the Age of #MeToo?” by Robyn Doolittle
- “Refactoring” by Martin Fowler
- “Shibumi” by Trevanian
- Doctorate thesis on pre-Jacquard programmable loom
- Lost in Space – Season 2
- You – Season 2
- Living with Yourself
- The Expanse – 4 Seasons
- For All Mankind
- “The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch” by Neil Gaiman
- “Kabuki Vol. 1: Circle of Blood” by David W. Mack
Closing Music: ABBA’s “Super Trouper“